Do you feel like you’re not living the healthiest life possible? Are you struggling with balancing life’s tasks and your overall health? As basic as this sounds, everyone can benefit from a little alteration to their daily life routines. Read below for the 5 things you can do right now to live a healthier life!
1. Get enough sleep! The average adult requires between 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Not getting adequate amounts of sleep daily can lead to fatigue, dizziness, heart disease, and fat retention.
2. Eat organic and hormone-free! Organic and hormone-free foods are not always available, but when they are, it’s in your best interest to purchase these instead. Nowadays, restaurants are offering organic and grass-fed beef options. Shop at your local health food store and dine in at local family owned businesses. U-Pick or Farm-to-Table businesses also offer locally grown organic produce and grass-fed meat! This also means, avoid greasy foods. Anything deep-fried is sure to wreak havoc on your body systems. The key is to eat clean!
3. Enjoy “you-time” at the beginning or end of every day. Decompressing after a long day at work is essential. Waking up in the morning 30 minutes earlier than usual for a sunrise meditation or yoga session is another great way to make time for yourself. Living an overall healthier life begins with your happiness and levels of stress. Dedicating just an hour or two to yourself every day is essential to promote lower stress levels and ensure your needs are being met!
4. Add more nuts to your diet. That’s right! Just make sure, as stated above, that you are choosing organic options. Head to your nearest health food store to purchase handfuls of nuts by the pound- many nuts such as almonds and cashews are available organically grown. The fewer chemicals you introduce into your body, the better your body will function in the short and long term.
5. Drink the minimum requirement of water daily! Cutting on hydration can be the culprit for a lot of health issues including the onset of early aging, dry skin, and fat retention. Dehydration can also cause strains on your liver and processing toxins out of your body. Aim for 2 liters of water (65 ounces) of water daily. Add sliced fresh strawberries and lemon to your water for a delicious and enjoyable treat.
Take these 5 basic steps to living a healthier life and brighten your mood! There’s no reason to wait, start today!