Are you feeling stuck in the mud? Perhaps you’re having late afternoon fatigue and aren’t feeling motivated to go to the gym or cook a healthy dinner! If your goals are taking a hit and you’re losing motivation, look no further! Here are the top 5 tips to get you back on track and feeling more energetic to achieve your goals!
1. Make sure you wake up with enough time to get ready without rushing and eat a plentiful breakfast. How you start your day will determine the outcome for the remainder of your day. A rushed, exhausting morning will result in little-to-no energy in the afternoon. Wake up on the right side of the bed, as they say!
2. Sleep between 7 and 9 hours per night! Without adequate rest, your body goes into overdrive and your organs start to weaken, causing overall lethargy and exhaustion.
3. Stay hydrated. Ensure you are drinking 2 liters of water per day! Try fruit infused water to give traditional water a little splash of flavor!
4. Eat balanced, healthy and nutritiously packed meals throughout the day! By eating a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, your body is less likely to feel fatigued and lacking nutrients. Feed your body, don’t starve it! Before you leave your home, pack a small bag of blueberries, strawberries, celery, or carrots, and hummus for a midday snack or some fresh squeezed lemon water for your afternoon walk! Remember, food is fuel!
5. Ditch the caffeine! It’s a quick fix and has no long-lasting results. By eliminating coffee, carbonated drinks, and “energy boosters” formulated with chemicals, your ability to extract the nutrients from the super foods you consume will amplify. Before you know it, you won’t need that midday energy soda! Check out this article on why you want to ditch soda!
Greater energy and motivation to achieve your goals is at your fingertips! Follow these 5 steps and you’ll be on your way to a happier, healthier, and more motivated you!