It is important to balance the energy in your body. The Seven Chakras are the energy centers in our body in which energy flows through. Blocked energy in our seven Chakras can often lead to illness so it’s important to understand what each Chakra represents and what we can do to keep this energy flowing freely.
Balancing the Seven Chakras
The Seven Chakras:
- Root Chakra (Color: Red) Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues:Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
- Healing Exercises: Stomping your bare feet on the ground. The Root Chakra is all about feeling “grounded.” Practicing Kundalini Yoga can open up your lower spine. The Bridge Pose is another good yoga pose to try out.
- Healing Foods: Red colored foods (red apples, strawberries, cherries, cranberries, raspberries, beets, tomatoes, radishes, rhubarb, red grapes, watermelon, hot spices – red cayenne peppers)
- Sacral Chakra (Color: Orange) Our connection and the ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues:Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
- Healing Exercises: Pelvic thrusts, Cobra Yoga Pose
- Healing Foods: Orange colored foods (oranges, tangerines, peaches, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, mangoes, squash, nectarines, grapefruit) and nuts (almonds cashews, walnuts, pecans).
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Color: Yellow) Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues:Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
- Healing Exercises: Kundalini Yoga or Boat Pose, dancing.
- Healing Foods: Yellow foods (lemons, pineapples, corn, apricots, and grapefruit), grains and fiber, teas (peppermint, chamomile)
- Heart Chakra (Color: Green) Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace
- Healing Exercises: Bikram Yoga. Love. Simply opening up our hearts to others is the best healing exercise to open up the Heart Chakra.
- Healing Foods: Green colored foods (spinach, asparagus, avocados, broccoli, peas, green apples, green grapes, limes, kiwifruit, green beans, lettuce, cabbage, celery, cucumber), and green tea.
- Throat Chakra (Color: Blue) Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Neck/Throat area
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
- Healing Exercises: Shoulder stand, singing, and chanting.
- Healing Foods: Juices, teas, and fruits (all kinds).
- Third Eye Chakra (Color: Indigo) Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. It is also called the Brow Chakra.
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
- Healing Exercises: Child’s Pose or other types ofyoga poses with forward bends, eye exercises, and herbal oil treatment.
- Healing Foods: Purple colored fruits (grapes, blueberries, beetroot, red cabbage,
eggplant, purple asparagus, blueberries, purple grapes, and plums), chocolate, and lavender flavored spices or tea.
- Crown Chakra (Color: Violet) The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.
- Healing Exercises: Meditation, running or cardio.
- Healing Foods: Since the Crown Chakra represents our spiritual connection to our surroundings, this Chakra does not benefit from healing foods. The Crown Chakra is more likely to benefit from breathing clean fresh air and sunshine.
I would love to hear your comments. Please share below.