Ready to feel more relaxed and calm? This week’s challenge can help make that happen in just a minute or two every day.
✅Welcome to your 4-7-8 Breathing Break Challenge. 🧘
This is one of my favorite techniques to destress during the day. And not only will it help you destress …
But you’ll feel firsthand how your breath affects your mood almost immediately.
A couple of quick breathing facts:
- When you’re anxious or upset, your breathing can get rapid and shallow. This increases heart rate and muscle tension … and can make you feel worse.
- When you’re calm and relaxed, you breathe more slowly and deeply – which can increase your sense of calm. It also can lower your heart rate & blood pressure.
💡Basically, breathing slowly and deeply sends a message to your brain to CHILL OUT – and your brain then sends this message to the rest of your body.
Here’s how to do the 4-7-8 Breathing Break:
- Sit or stand comfortably, shoulders back to allow your chest and belly to expand and contract with your breath.
- Take a slow, deep inhale through your nose. Count to 4 as you inhale.
- Hold your breath for a 7 count.
- Exhale for an 8 count.
- Repeat this 3-5 times. You’ll feel your whole body relaxing!
- (Extra credit: do this 3x a day)
Here are some benefits:
- Less physical tension
- A sense of almost immediate inner calmness
- Feeling more “centered”
Who is with me this week for the 4-7-8 Challenge? 👇👇
Love and Light,