There are a few more days left to enter my giveaway!
When you follow my blog, your name will be entered into a drawing for Dr. Josh Axe’s book, Eat Dirt. This book has tons of information on gut health!! I just love Dr. Axe! If your name is selected, I will sent the book to you!!! Sound good?!
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bunches spinach, large stems removed and chopped
¼ cup vegetable stock
2 cup diced mushrooms
1 zucchini, sliced
1 cup peas
1 24 oz jar organic tomato basil sauce
Brown rice lasagna noodles
1 cup goat, mozzarella cheese, or parmesan for topping
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add spinach and 1/4 cup vegetable stock. Continue to sauté until slightly wilted.
Set aside spinach mixture in a bowl.
3. In the same sauté pan, add ½ tbsp oil, chopped mushrooms and zucchini. Sauté 3-5 minutes until fragrant.
4. In a blender combine peas and water with seasoning.
Blend on high until you get a creamy consistency.
5. In the baking dish, spread about 1 cup of tomato sauce to cover the bottom.
Add a layer of noodles, overlapping them slightly to make a solid single layer.
Spread peas and cheese evenly over noodles.
Layer mushroom/zucchini mixture on top of cheese.
Add another layer of noodles, followed by sauce and spinach mixture.
6. Repeat with one more layer of noodles, sauce, and then sprinkle generously with cheese.
7. Bake the lasagna for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Let it sit for 5 minutes or so to firm up before slicing.
Hello Holistic Health Enthusiasts! The San Diego Gluten-Free and Allergen-Friendly Expo is just around the corner. The expo is February 7, 2015 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Click the link for ticket info: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/san-diego-gluten-free-allergen-friendly-expo-tickets-14555055563?aff=BLOGSD&afu=35014209698
What’s inside? Guide to eating healthy, section on inflammation, acid/alkaline connection, hemochromatosis, breathing techniques, yoga, top toxic cosmetic ingredients, NASA recommended plants to clean the air in your home and/or office, and 21-Day Food and Gratitude Journal. This book is for you if you are ready to make some lifestyle changes to live a healthier and happier life!
The New Year is the perfect time to press that Clean Eating Reset button and refresh your body, mind and soul with life giving, deeply nourishing, fresh clean foods.
The advantage of good, whole nutrition lies in its flexibility in adapting to every individual’s needs. It treats the whole person rather than the symptoms.
Determines the properties of each food and combination. It considers season, preparation method, geographical location, and info that is relation with the natural principles of life and balance.
The 7-Day Clean Eating Reset is perfect for this. It includes everything you need to easily cleanse and try the raw diet for one full week:
- 21 easy and delicious recipes
- Daily menus
- Complete shopping list
- Full instructions to make it all super simple and delicious
Here’s what some others had to say about the 7-Day Clean Eating Reset:
“I wasn’t sure if I wanted to change the way I was eating and if the Reset program was for me. But the program makes it so simple. I was shocked that I lost 8 pounds in one week! I never felt hungry and had more energy than I’ve had in years. I will make this 7 day cleanse part of every season.” – Lisa
What Can You Expect?
The list of possible benefits that you’ll experience from undergoing this 7 Day Clean Food Cleanse is very long. But remember that each person is different, so benefits and experiences will vary from one person to the next. Here are some common benefits:
• Weight loss and fat loss
• Increased energy
• Overcoming cravings and addictions to food
• More energy and desire to exercise
• New outlook on life, positivity
• Symptoms of chronic diseases start to fade away
• Renewed happiness
• Cleared sinuses
• Improved vision
• Improved blood sugar metabolism
• Improved complexion
• Improved sleep
• And more!
So, start to recover your health from the heavy foods of the holidays with the 7-Day Clean Eating Reset.
Clean Eating is consuming food the way nature intended; it is consuming food the way nature delivered it. Clean Eating is not a diet. No matter how many of the fad diets you try, you will notice that the weight returns. Clean Eating is a lifestyle approach to food and how the food is prepared. This leads to an improved life; one meal, one day at a time.
Steps to Clean Eating
- Eat five to six times a day. Three meals and two or three small snacks. This includes lean protein, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and complex carbohydrates with each meal. Eating throughout the day keeps your body energized and burns calories efficiently all day long.
- Choose organic whenever possible. If you have a tight budget, make meat, eggs, dairy, and the Dirty Dozen your priorities.
- Drink at least two liters of water a day. Use a glass or BPA-free container.
- Limit your alcohol intake to one glass of antioxidant rich red wine a day.
- Get familiar with labels. Clean foods contain short ingredients lists. Any product with a long ingredient list is human-made and not considered clean.
- Avoid processed and refined foods such as white flour, rice, salt, sugar, bread, and pasta. Enjoy complex carbs such as whole grains as an alternative.
- Avoid trans fats, fried, and foods high in sugar.
- Consume healthy fats.
- Learn about portion sizes. Eat more fruits and vegetables and a smaller portion of protein and carbs. Use the Harvard School of Public Health’s Healthy Eating Plate as a guide.
- Reduce your carbon footprint. Eat produce that is seasonal and local. It is less taxing on your wallet and our environment.
- Shop with a conscience. Consume humanely raised, local meats, and ocean-friendly seafood.
- Slow down and savor your food – take time to chew and enjoy your food. This is mindful eating.
- Make meal time a family affair.