True self-love is:
Giving yourself unconditional respect, appreciation, and evaluation of being great.
Self Love is reminding yourself that you deserve to have all your personal needs met while considering yourself as worthy, valuable, and deserving of happiness.
25 Ways to Nurture You
Self-nurturing is taking care of you. Many people put themselves at the bottom of their own list of priorities. The result is burnout, exhaustion and resentment. We are unable to be at our best if we don’t take time out for ourselves to rest, relax and renew. Self-nurturing does not have to be difficult or overly time-consuming. Anything that helps us feel more positive and joyful is self nurturing. Below is a list of 25 ways to self-nurture yours. Think about simple pleasures that speak to you and incorporate them into your life each and every day. The result: a happier, healthier you!
1. Be grateful. Keep a gratitude journal. Write down 5 things you are grateful for each day. 2. Practice relaxation techniques or meditation techniques.
3. Surround yourself with positive people. Choose people who help you grow and thrive. Reconnect with loved ones with whom you’ve lost touch.
4. Practice kindness and compassion. Remember to help and pray for others.
5. Give praise and let go of criticism.
6. Visualize. Choose where you want to be vs. where you are for your visualizations.
7. Learn to let things go. Learn not to complain.
8. Listen to music you enjoy and dance.
9. Exercise. Choose something you really enjoy, why not try a type of mind/body/spirit exercise like yoga, tai chi or qi gong.
10. Volunteer and donate. Promote a cycle of goodwill; pay it forward.
11. Learn proper self-care. Get enough sleep, detoxify, eat a healthy, balanced diet and drink plenty of water. Also, learn to listen to your body.
12. Create a comfort drawer for yourself. Fill it with goodies your love including favorite teas, bubble bath, magazines, etc.
13. Seek new experiences and knowledge. Try a holistic therapy such as acupuncture or that store you’ve always wanted to go in, but never took the time.
14. Follow your bliss. Use your creativity, gifts and talents. Begin a hobby or career you are passionate about.
15. Have a great romantic evening.
16. Read a good book or watch a great movie.
17. Laugh. Laughter is the best medicine.
18. Seek solitude. Meditate, go within and get creative, try a fun excursion by yourself.
19. Use positive affirmations. Make a conscious choice to be happy.
20. Take a long, hot bath. Add soft music and candles. For a more relaxing atmosphere, add aromatherapy such as lavender. Add a couple of drops of lavender essential oil.
21. Spend time with your pet.
22. Have a cup of your favorite coffee or tea. Chamomile tea is especially relaxing. Try to avoid caffeine before bed.
23. Get out in nature. Try a walking meditation in the warm sunshine, spending time near the water, cloud watching, or enjoying a beautiful sunset.
24. Get a Massage. Touch can be very healing.
25. Remember the purpose of life is joy