By shifting our attention to what we already enjoy in our lives uplifts our energy and vibration for attracting more good. This can work like magic! Even science has now established how positive emotions stimulate our system’s production of ‘feel good’ hormones, like serotonin and dopamine.
Daily practice of gratitude brings about a significant energetic shift that helps sustain a life- affirming flow of energy while enhancing our power of attracting greater abundance of love, fulfillment, wellness and prosperity.
Gratitude is not only a launching pad for more abundance, it’s a natural fuel for maintaining an optimistic outlook. If we study the lives of great historic figures, they commonly share a characteristic of optimism about the future. Research has also shown that looking to the future with positive expectancy is a common characteristic of healthy longevity (more than some particular diet or exercise, etc.). All this indicates that a grateful outlook is not only spiritually and mentally uplifting, it may even affect our physical health.
Making an attitude of gratitude an everyday habit can take whatever form suits your lifestyle. Here are some easy ways of uplifting your personal vibration with the practice of gratitude:
- Keep a Gratitude/Happiness Journal – Give yourself a few minutes a day to jot down grateful feelings you have. First thing in the morning, write brief notes about experiences, achievements and relationships that have brought you happiness. Even on a not-so-good day, we can reflect on previous good in our lives or special moments/events we are looking forward to. In addition to the immediate lift that can give, directing our attention in this intentionally positive way is like building a mental muscle that supports our inner strength when faced with subsequent challenges.
- Start your morning with gratitude for what you’d like to see this day hold. Vividly imagine positive events unfolding while holding grateful feelings about your good yet to come.
- Always begin or close meditation practice with a grateful intention for the good in your life already present and yet to come. Bear in mind that practicing gratitude is not merely a mental exercise, it’s a literally empowering feeling, an emotive vibration that extends beyond mere words.
- Use essential oils, in diffusion and direct application often! They are specifically designed to enhance these feelings. I recommend Young Living Gratitude and Young Living Abundance oil blends. Make their use a part of your ongoing gratitude practice to discover a natural boost in outlook and energy!
- Use Emotional Freedom Technique to create abundance.